Monday, February 9, 2009

Too Many Email Accounts?


So, I have four e-mail accounts. The main one that I use is my Yahoo! account. This is the account that I use for most of my correspondence and bills. I think that I have had this particular account since 2002. I also have three different Gmail accounts. I have one that I use for this blog and class, one that is connected to a few bills and a couple different social networking sites, and one that I opened with the intention of switching over to from my Yahoo! account, but haven't. Of these four accounts I check the Yahoo! account almost daily. The other accounts are checked once or twice a week.

Three of the four accounts have some form of my name attached to them and one doesn't so that I can be anonymous if I like. I think that my first email account was with Hotmail. If I remember correctly I had it from around '94 to '02. I got rid if it because I got way too much spam and the spam filters on Hotmail were crap.

Wow, I think that I could consolidate down by at least one account, but I probably won't

Oops, I totally forgot my student e-mail account that I have with Portland State. I mostly use this for my Ooligan correspondence. I also have an e-mail account for the internship that I doing with Graphic Arts, and then there are the accounts associated with the books that I do marketing for at Ooligan....

2 comments:

Brian said...

Sometimes it feels like email is ruling my life. Plus, all the good names are taken, including my own. I have to use my middle initial, which only confuses people.

bk4077 said...

I like to think what it would be like if we had as many snail mailboxes as we do email. I'm sure there would be a lot more disgruntled post office workers, sitting in their little car/trucks trying to figure out if the new Sears catalog goes in the box on the lower left or the upper right. And then we'd all have those one or two boxes that we never check, and at some point the company that owned the box would take it back since we didn't use it anymore...